Who Should Attend?
The 2017 PHIPA Connections Summit will provide further insight into the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004, examine the nuances with the new ePHIPA amending legislation and offer strategies to protect the privacy of individuals and maintain the confidentiality of personal health information that is collected.
- Persons or organizations whose collection, use and disclosure of personal health information is governed by the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 ( PHIPA) such as:
- health care practitioners including doctors, dentists, nurses and pharmacists
- hospitals and psychiatric facilities
- Health researchers
- community care access corporations (CCACs)
- long term care facilities and nursing homes
- ambulance services
- boards of health
- Individuals who advise persons or organizations governed by PHIPA such as chief privacy officers, legal counsel, privacy consultants and IT service providers
- Persons or organizations whose practices and procedures are impacted by PHIPA such as prescribed entities and registries and research ethics boards.
- Any person involved with records management in an organization subject to PHIPA/ePHIPA
- and person(s) who work as a health information custodian in both the private or public sector in Ontario
Join your colleagues today and continue building your community of resources!